Registration open for CIP Networks Conference
30 July 2007
ODVA announces that registration is open for its 2007 CIP Networks Conference and 12th Annual Meeting, to be held September 18-20 at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center in Englewood (Denver), Colorado, USA. Open to everyone interested in ODVA and its Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) Networks and extensions - currently, DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, CompoNet, CIP Safety, CIP Motion and CIP Sync - the CIP Networks Conference and 12th Annual Meeting is a leading event in the automation industry, attended by executives, marketing professionals, and technical experts from around the world. The conference features technical, marketing, and training sessions and will conclude with ODVA’s annual meeting of members.
“The CIP Networks Conference is a special event in industry, bringing together leading automation suppliers from around the world with the purpose of sharing technical expertise and implementation experiences in a vendor-independent forum” said Katherine Voss, executive director of ODVA. “The continued growth of CIP Networks demonstrates that the market has recognised the benefits of implementing networking solutions built on a proven, standards-based industrial protocol and a future-proof network architecture. This event is open to members and non-members, and ODVA welcomes vendors and users to join us on September 18-20 to learn how CIP Networks can provide increased opportunities for return on automation investments.”
Highlights of this year’s conference include:
- A Technical Track, in which experts from around the world present papers on innovations in the application of CIP Networks to the factory floor, and in which ODVA’s technical community highlights recent developments in, and future concepts for, CIP Network technologies;
- A Marketing Track, featuring specific presentations on the unique benefits of CIP Motion and CompoNet, as well as the popular CIP Networks Enabling Technologies Pavilion, in which enabling technology providers display and present information on their latest products;
- A Training Track, with the combination of the “EtherNet/IP Quick Start” developer’s training and “Introduction to Modbus/TCP Integration” overview;
- A Developer’s Tools Track, presenting sessions on use of EZ-EDS freeware, use of the CompoNet Developer’s Toolkit, development considerations for CompoNet processors, and preparations for successful CIP Networks conformance testing;
- An EtherNet/IP Implementor Workshop;
- A variety of social events in which industry professionals and the media can network; and, of course, the 12th Annual Meeting of Members, which will feature a customer application story from Europe, a report on the state of the association, and information on future plans for ODVA and CIP Networks.
Contact Details and Archive...