Schneider launches new Altivar Machine range of variable speed drives
27 November 2015
Schneider Electric has introduced the Altivar Machine range of variable speed drives. Two complementary models, the Altivar 320 and Altivar 340, lead the lineup of new drives dedicated to the needs of machine manufacturers.
The Altivar Machine range matches a variety of machine throughput requirements with the following features:
- Open-loop motor control with torque sensitive operation, even at low speed and dynamic accuracy for start/stop applications.
- Closedloop motor control for applications requiring velocity sensitive operation or precise positioning.
- Advanced connectivity with automation architecture via all common fieldbuses, even in real-time, with fast task cycle times .
Extended machine availability
The Altivar Machine range variable speed drives carry on their predecessors’ tradition of robustness and reliability. They are designed to provide:
- Continuous machine operation in harsh environments with high levels of ambient temperature, dust, electrical interruptions, or mechanical disturbances.
- Maximized machine operating time, as production changes, maintenance, safety diagnostics, network configuration, and system integration can all to be accomplished quickly.
The Altivar Machine range reduces the overall cost of machines with:
- Reduced installation costs, with both book and compact form factors reducing machine footprint, whether mounted in a machine frame or electrical cabinet.
- Fewer additional devices needed to manage machine safety and repeated sequential movements, as both are managed internally within the drive.
- Reduced engineering and design time thanks to ready-to-use, PLCopen-compliant libraries and tested, validated, documented architectures (TVDAs) available through Schneider Electric’s MachineStruxure solutions.
The Altivar Machine range comprises two variable speed drives. The Altivar 320 meets the needs of simple or complex machines from 0.18kW to 15kW, while the Altivar 340, a high-performance model to be released in mid-2016, is compatible with machines up to 75kW.
Contact Details and Archive...