New Tesla Model 3 is offered as an 'affordable' electric car
01 April 2016
Tesla announced its Model 3 electric car, the five seater vehicle starts at just £24,423 and has a range of at least 215 miles per charge.
Similar to the Model S, the Model 3 comes in either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive versions and features a 15in touchscreen inside. It has also been stylishly designed with a continuous piece of glass from the windshield all the way to the boot.
Details of the new model include:
• Zero to 60mph in less than six seconds.
• Seating for five adults.
• 215 mile range per charge.
• Five star safety rating in all categories.
• Autopilot safety features- this allows the car to steer itself and avoid collisions.
• Supercharging- this allows the cars to recharge quickly at dedicated power stations.
Approximately 115,000 Model 3 cars have been pre-ordered, with customers paying £1000 deposit ahead of its launch and deliveries are scheduled to start at the end of 2017.
Elon Musk, Tesla’s chief executive, said the car should feel more spacious to passengers than similar-sized petrol based cars because of design decisions Tesla could make by not using a combustion engine.
To watch Elon Musk launch the Tesla Model 3 and for more information, visit the Tesla website.