New iPhone case for mobile photographers and filmmakers
16 May 2016
The Helium Core is a pocket-sized, aluminum chassis that lets you easily add lenses or filters, and accessories such as flashes, lights and microphones to your iPhone.
It has a more ergonomic grip and multiple mounting points for a tripod, while allowing access to the display, switches, buttons, jacks and ports on your iPhone.
With the Helium Core, you can customise your iPhone and set it up as a filmmaking camera, a photography camera, a mobile journalism rig or a live broadcasting setup. Its durable design and ability let you flexibly place accessories on it making it a solid foundation for your iPhone-based camera system, all in a pocket-sized design.
The Helium Core makes your iPhone more comfortable to hold in your hands by giving you something more substantial to grab onto. Its curved surfaces were designed for both aesthetic and ergonomic reasons.
• iPhone-specific designs to ensure precise fit (iPhone 6/6s and 6 Plus/6s Plus)
• 6061-T6, aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and durability
• Multiple 1/4"-20 mounting points, located on all four sides (16 on the Core and 17 on the Core+)
• Integrated lens mount fits 37mm threaded lenses, and other lenses, with adapters
• Axis of the tripod mount is aligned with the centre of the lens
• Direct access to all jacks, switches, buttons and ports
• Curved walls aid ergonomics
• Cutouts reduce weight, without sacrificing strength
• Anodised finish for aesthetics and to increase corrosion and wear resistance
This is a Kickstarter project, click here for more information.