E-bike features Tesla Model S batteries for optimum power
18 May 2016
The FLUX e-bike, an Indiegogo project, is powered by the same batteries as the Tesla Model S and features a rugged and lightweight design.
The FLUX bike features a mid motor for a smoother, more powerful ride and is offered in three models:
• The Roadster- for commuting and cruising on roads
• The Trail- for commuting, cruising and adventures on and off roads, featuring front suspension
• The Attack- for downhill adventures with a 17A battery and full suspension
• 25mph top speed
• 46 mile range
• Five power levels
• 7c to charge
Here are a few design features all models have in common:
• Bofeili mid-drive motor- Using the bikes gears, it achieves optimum hill climbing, range and speed.
• Integrated lithium battery- For the optional 17A extended battery, the same Panasonic cells used on the Tesla Model S were sourced. It also features a USB port to charge your iPhone around 70 times.
• Thumb throttle- Hit the throttle and FLUX will take you wherever you need to go. With throttle only you can cruise at 20mph for good distances.
• Backlit LCD display- Like a cockpit for your bike, you can see how fast you are riding, how far you have ridden, average speed and battery life. You can also program the speed limit to comply with local laws.
• Hydraulic disc brakes- All FLUX models come standard with hydraulic disc brakes that cut the motor when applied. You can stay in control with more stopping power.
• Shimano gears- Shimano derailleur and nine speed cassette work in synergy with the motor to deliver maximum acceleration and top speeds. The advanced gears give you more than three times the torque range of traditional e-bikes with hub motors.
This is an Indiegogo project, click here for more information.