Marty the robot
15 June 2016
Marty is a uniquely designed robot from Robotical, he is fully programmable and customisable, perfect for just about anyone.
Marty’s design means the cost of making a robot is reduced. He is the perfect companion for children, educators and makers to help them learn about programming, electronics, mechanical design, 3D printing and robotics.
For children Marty has the following features:
• Price of a smart toy with the features of a real robot
• Easy to build
• Fun to play with and grows with you
• Simple set up with remote control and downloadable apps
• Teaches robotics, programming, electronics and more
For makers Marty has the following features:
• Unique design to reduce the cost
• All parts are 3D printed
• Community support and tutorials
• Hackable and expandable
For educators Marty has the following features:
• A teaching tool
• Useful for a range of lessons across many levels
• Teach programming, mechanical design, 3D printing and more
• Educational materials included
Marty works by simply putting the kit together, no soldering or special tools required. To play with him there is a remote control over Wi-Fi from your phone or computer and downloadable apps for more features. To program him you start in Scratch then move into languages like Python/C++.
What makes Marty even more flexible is his ability to hold a single board computer. The electronics work standalone or alongside the Raspberry Pi, BeagleBones, Ardunios and more. You can add sensors and outputs, expansion hats and faceplates and even make your own parts.
With the hardware and software app store there are 3D printable part designs. You can 3D print at home or Robotical can print them for you! All of Marty’s parts are 3D printed so it’s simple to print spare parts and make your own modifications and add-ons.
Marty the robot is a project on Indiegogo, to support the project or for more information click here.
Click here to visit the Robotical website and watch a cool video of Marty in action.