The first bike to neatly fold into your backpack
16 September 2016
ZED’O is the first standard-size bike that can easily fold into a backpack so no matter where you are or where you’re going, you can take your bike with you.
The bike is able to fold due to its sophisticated structure of folding wheels and frame. It’s designed to be light and compact yet practical and reliable. Materials used to enable this include light-weight aluminium and carbon fibre, which is also strong and durable.
How it works:
• Position locking mechanism- you can easily lock/release the frame in both the unfolded and folded position by one simple press of a button
• Telescopic frame sections- this part allows the frame to fold into smaller dimensions than expected
• Internal planetary gear hub- this option gives you a whole spectrum of advantages compared to a regular drivetrain
• Telescopic wheel structure- the key element to achieve small dimensions in a folded state
• Disc brakes- powerful way to stop your bike safely
• Puncture proof tyre- made of composite material to prevent flat tyres
All in all, it means you can take your bike with you even if you are travelling on the underground or bus etc. and it can be neatly stored away in a closet for when you are home.
ZED’O has a fund raising page on Indiegogo, click here for more information.
Video courtesy of ZED’O.