Become a secret agent by making calls with your fingertip!
16 September 2016
Previously introduced as ‘TipTalk’, Sgnl is the smart strap that enables users to engage in phone conversations simply by placing their finger to their ear.
Whether attached to a classic watch or a smart watch, such as the Samsung Gear, Apple Watch or Pebble Time, users can enable fingertip communication and a number of additional smart functions simply by replacing the watch strap. Additional smart functions include Call Reminders, Fitness Tracker and Smart Alert. It is currently available on Kickstarter until October 8th.
Sgnl’s key technology lies in its patented Body Conduction Unit (BCU), which is capable of transmitting vibrations through the body, which then can be converted to sound. Sgnl communicates with the user’s phone through Bluetooth, and when a voice signal is received, Sgnl will generate vibrations through its BCU. These vibrations will be sent through the users’ hand to their fingertip. When users place their fingertip to their ear, the vibration echoes to create amplified sound within the closed space of their ear and they can speak through the microphone embedded in the Sgnl strap. You can:
• Leave your phone alone, don’t carry extra devices:
With Sgnl, answering calls is direct and immediate. There is no need to rummage through bags when the phone rings or carry around extra headsets or earphones. Users can simply raise their finger to their ear to answer calls.
• Hear voice clearly, even in loud places:
Even in the noisiest of surroundings, users can hear their calls clearly. With Sgnl, their finger doesn’t just transmit the voice to their ear, it also blocks out background noise.
• Don’t have to worry about others listening in:
With Sgnl, users can take calls discretely. As sound is contained within the users’ ear, only the wearer of Sgnl can hear the call. Whether in a meeting room or in a packed elevator, users never need to worry about being overheard. Sgnl is particularly useful for smartwatch wearers as it can prevent others from listening into conversations over their speaker phones.
Sgnl is a wearable smart strap and watch companion. With is specially designed lug adapter, Sgnl is designed to fit all 18-24mm standard watch lugs.
• For Classic Watch - Sgnl can transform the user’s classic watch into a hybrid smart watch, providing it with Fingertip Communication, Fitness tracker, and Smart Alert features.
• For Smart Watch - Sgnl solves the inconveniences of the smart watch. Users can have complete call privacy through fingertip communication, instead of having to speak through the speaker phone.
• For Non-watch Wearers - Sgnl can be worn as a stylish, stand-alone smart band with its lug-connector accessory, while retaining all core functionality.
The Sgnl App
The Sgnl strap pairs seamlessly with the Sgnl app to make the users’ day healthier, more manageable, and organised.
• Call Reminder - keep in touch with those who matters:
Monitor call frequency to significant others and receive discreet nudges to call them.
• Activity tracking - stay fit, stay healthy:
Synced with the app, Sgnl monitors users’ health and tracks their daily activity. Users can get detailed information about their workout patterns and track their steps with the built-in pedometer.
• Smart alert - never miss any important alerts
Users can keep their life on track and never miss an important alert. Sgnl will gently vibrate to alert them of any calls, texts, or app notifications utilising different patterns.