Giant ball design could safe lives in natural disasters
21 October 2016
The Survival Capsule is a patent-pending, personal safety system (PSS) designed as a spherical ball to protect against a tsunami, hurricane and earthquake etc.
Using this safety system instead of the traditional safety house allows groups to be more in control of their survival. The capsule is a variable solution, it can vary its position depending on the water level so it can never be inundated by the water depth rising too high. It also provides warmth, safety and shelter during the initial post-disaster period before rescue crews arrive.
Designed and built by a team of aerospace engineers, the capsule will operate safely and efficiently in harsh circumstances and environments to which natural disasters would occur. The capsule can withstand the initial impact of a disaster as well as sharp object penetration, heat exposure, blunt object impact and rapid deceleration.
The capsule can be securely mounted either inside or outside the home or business area. They come in various sizes ranging from two person capacity to ten people.
• Safety Seating with four-point harness straps
• Storage space (sufficient for five day’s supply per person)
• Multiple counter sunk hoisting points
• Water storage (bladder or tank)
• Basic internal light
• GPS (Global Positioning System)
• Air ventilation vents
• Capsule storage stand
• Basic, High-Visibility Unit Color
• Air Supply Tanks (one for each occupant)
• Hard Restraint Support
• Solid, Watertight Marine Door (opens from inside and outside)
• Marine Standard Window
Video courtesy of Survival Capsule.