Relec Electronics provides power with compliance and rugged reliability
21 December 2016
The HP series of DC DC converters supplied by Relec Electronics are the ideal solution for power conversion products used in the professional communications, industrial and transportation markets.
The HP series power converters are manufactured by Bel Power who has over 40 years’ experience in supplying the railway industry throughout the world. The range has a tried and tested track record and was originally developed by the Swiss company Melcher for the demanding requirements of their domestic railway network.
Compliant to industry standards
The rugged DC DC converters are designed to meet national and international railway standards and are compliant with EN50121-3-2, EN50155,and IEC/EN 61000-4-2, -3, -4, -5, -6 and -8. They are safety approved to IEC/EN 60950-1 and UL/CSA 60950-1 2nd edition.
The key feature of the HP series is that it has an ultra-wide (10:1) input range of 12.5 to 154Vdc making it suitable for all traction battery voltages. Additional features of the range include power levels ranging from 120 up to 192W. Able to perform under wide operating temperature conditions, the units are enclosed in self-cooling enclosures and deliver high immunity to electrical, humidity and mechanical stress thus assuring both high operating efficiency and reliability.
Relec was recently asked by a client working for Network Rail to provide the means to power its 24Vdc system from the trackside 48Vdc battery backed supply using an EN50121 compliant solution. The project is part of an upgrade to a new SCADA (Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition) system to control traction power and distribution across the national rail network.
Drawing on its experience of power conversion for railway applications, Relec recommended the Q series from Bel Power which had the additional benefit of being approved by the Network Rail PADS (Parts and Drawing System).
Standard features for models in this range:
• Severe derating on component level
• High isolation test voltage input-output
• High efficiency, up to 98 percent
• Wide output voltage trim ranges for ease of use
• All circuits dip-varnished for high mechanical durability and humidity withstand
• Rugged aluminium extruded cases for rack or chassis mount
• Self-cooling, no derating over the specified temperature range
• DC DC converters have nominal inputs of 12V, 24V, 36V, 52V, 72V, 96V, 110V and 220Vdc
• AC DC converters have global ac input
• DC and AC converters are mechanically identical
• Complete families of products offering single, dual, triple and quad outputs
Contact Details and Archive...