High performance non-destructive testing (NDT) ultrasonic scanning system
19 January 2017
Precision Acoustics have been at the forefront of the design, development and manufacture of ultrasonic measuring equipment used in the medical and NDT industries.
With over 25 years’ experience the team at Precision Acoustics has a wealth of knowledge in this demanding sector.
The requirement for defect free high precision components and fabrications continues to grow as manufacturers pursue higher degrees of component integrity and reliability in diverse industries. NDT equipment is becoming more sophisticated and exacting in order to meet new demands, as the team at Precision Acoustics are able to demonstrate with this new generation high performance NDT scanning system.
System capabilities and specification
• Minimum scan increment 0.01mm
• Maximum pulse acquisition rate 5000 per second
• Maximum scan speed: 800mm per second (Scan speed dictated by scan resolution)
• Example Scan time: 10 minutes for 800mm x 400mm at 0.25mm increment
• Fully featured software interface written in National Instruments LabVIEW
• Real time results display
• Pulse generation synchronised with probe motion.
• Automated high resolution rescanning of defects
• Software capability to automatically or manually measure defect sizes
• Generation of PDF reports from acquired scans
Drive technology options – stepper, servo and linear servo
Manual and Motorised Probe Pan-Tilt unit
Customised PVdF ultrasonic transducers to match material and defect types to be scanned
Contact Details and Archive...