Commercial drone offer with end-to-end solutions for SME’s
08 May 2017
Parrot decided to extend its commercial offer with creation of its Parrot Professional range dedicated to small and medium businesses.
Parrot has been expanding in the commercial civil drone industry since 2012 via stakes and acquisitions in selected companies such as AIRINOV, MicaSense, Pix4D, senseFly as well as the creation of its specialised UAV service platform Air Support. The Group is combining a range of advanced and renowned solutions bringing high-value data and models meeting the needs of professionals in precision agriculture for farmers and agronomists; mapping and inspection for industries such as construction, real estate, architecture as well as GIS for humanitarian, environmental, mining and public services.
Parrot has identified commercial activities where its drones – proposed with a complete solution – are focused on providing efficiency and knowledge to save time, perform better and generate more revenue/business.
Parrot, which is covering the entire drone ecosystem (from drones to sensors, including piloting and data processing software, as well as recommendations and services) decided to extend its commercial offer with the creation of its Parrot Professional range dedicated to small and medium business.
Parrot Professional solutions are “end-to-end” tools, reliable and affordable. They are built on Parrot’s consumer drones, which have already demonstrated their manoeuvrability, robustness and ease-of-piloting and incorporate precision sensors and software for SMEs.
• Agriculture is one of the first business sectors where the use of drones has the most potential. UAVs enable better management of production and yields. Drones, sensors and analytics software make it possible to fly over and map vast crops in little time to collect relevant data at the precision of the micro-parcel.
• With Parrot Disco-Pro AG, Parrot offers farmers and small agricultural cooperatives an “end-to-end” solution to easily and quickly obtain reliable information on the state of their crops, such as wheat, barley, colza, corn…
• For construction and real estate, UAVs make it possible to survey, monitor and reach hard to access areas by capturing pictures, recording videos and generating 3D models.
Parrot has developed two “end-to-end” solutions:
• A thermal imaging solution, Parrot Bebop-Pro Thermal, enabling inspection and thermal detection companies, roofers, plumbers, building workers, and also firefighters, to get thermal and radiometry information, live and/or in pictures.
• The second solution, Parrot Bebop-Pro 3D Modeling, is especially targeted at professionals including real-estate agents, architects, craftsmen and property insurance brokers… and enables them to easily create promotional videos or interactive 3D models, to build quotes of a building, to supervise a worksite and to print 3D models.
This first set of entry-level end-to-end professional UAV solutions highlights Parrot‘s commitment to the civil commercial drones market. With an extensive range covering both consumer and commercial drones’ ecosystem (UAVs, sensors, software, services) and now “prosumer” systems, Parrot reaffirms its ambition to expand as a leading player on the civil drones market.