Programmable multi-axis controllers with performant motion control technology
10 July 2017
Omron announces the global release of its new CK3E Programmable Multi-Axis Controllers and Industrial PC Platform NY51_-A IPC Programmable Multi-Axis Controllers (PMAC).
Omron and Omron's Delta Tau Data Systems ("DT") worked together to develop the PMAC controllers with motion control technology from DT. PMAC achieves sophisticated fine-tuning control, including high-speed synchronous control of various factory automation (FA) devices, thanks to built-in EtherCAT connectivity which is used for production lines and equipment all over the world. Its development environment allows users to programme their own motion algorithms and motion control functions, such as trajectory calculation and position compensation, in C and original programming languages.
In order to satisfy the diverse consumer needs and deal with short product life cycles, the current trend to aim for innovative manufacturing by leveraging the latest precision machining technologies and robotics at production sites is spreading. Builders of semiconductor manufacturing equipment and machining tools are concentrating resources on development of innovative and competitive core technology. In these circumstances, machine builders are increasingly requiring globally available controllers whose long-term supply stability and quality are guaranteed and which can be used as alternatives to board controllers that are costly to develop basic functions and maintain.
Moreover, manufacturers who develop manufacturing equipment with robots are expecting robust and reliable controllers that can execute customised motion control, mainly in emerging countries. Omron offers two types of PMAC programmable multi-axis controllers that meet user needs.
Omron brings innovation to manufacturing sites through automation with integrated, intelligent and interactive concepts. Omron is working on manufacturing innovation with manufacturers by combining DT's motion control technologies with Omron's control technologies to realise new integrated automation.
PMAC - Programmable Multi-Axis Controller
• CK3E Programmable Multi-Axis Controller
• Multi-axis control with a fast cycle time of 250?s and EtherCAT master functionality. Flexible system configuration and high-speed synchronous control of FA devices connected via EtherCAT
• Compact design, 28.6mm thickness, to save space in machines and control panels
Industrial PC Platform NY51_-A IPC PMAC Programmable Multi-Axis Controller
• Up to 128 axes of control and advanced data handling. Multi-tasking of Windows applications and customised motion control (motion algorithms, kinematics, position compensation, etc.)
• PLC-level environmental resistance. Hypervisor software 1 for uninterrupted machine control even if Windows is down
Contact Details and Archive...