Harnessing sustainable solar energy effectively
20 July 2017
Relec now has 1000V and 1500V DC/DC converters for industrial and solar array applications.
Using solar panels, or arrays, to absorb sunlight to convert it into electricity brings many challenges in order to create an economically viable and sustainable source of power.
Not least of the challenges is a sufficiently robust and flexible DC/DC converter to deal with the full output voltage from the photovoltaic array (PV).
Relec Electronics is pleased to announce the availability of two families of very wide input DC/DC converters. With input ranges covering 100 – 1000V DC (PVxx-27BxxR2) & 200 – 1500V DC (PVxx-29xx) the PV series have primarily been designed as a building block for use in photovoltaic array combination units.
Significant savings can be made by series connection of arrays (lower copper losses). A DC/DC converter which can cope with the full output voltage from these arrays can be used to form the basis of the control system.
Wide range of output voltages and power ranges
The PV series are available in various output voltages and power ranges from 5W to 40W with modules having the following features:
• Ultra-wide input voltage range: 100-1000V or 200-1500V DC
• 5V, 12V, 15V or 24V outputs available (5 – 40W)
• Industrial grade operating temperature: -40 to +70
• 4000VAC I/O isolation voltage
• Input under-voltage, reverse polarity, output short-circuit, over-current and over-voltage protection
• UL1741/CSA C22.2 No.107.1/EN62109 approval
• PCB & Din Rail mounting options
• High efficiency, low ripple & noise
Wide range of applications – not just solar energy
The PV series are not just suitable for solar arrays. The wide input range and isolation levels make them suitable for use a wide variety of industrial applications as front end power supply components covering both single and 3 phase voltages.
Contact Details and Archive...