Watch what happened at BLOODHOUND'S first public run
27 October 2017
On Thursday 26 October, BLOODHOUND SSC made its first public runs and the first runs over 200mph, reaching a peak speed of 210mph.
Facts about BLOODHOUND
• BLOODHOUND is approximately 13.4 metres long and weighs 7.5 tonnes
• 20 tonnes of drag on the car at 1,000mph
• At 3,000°C the temperature in the rocket is twice as hot as the inside of a volcano
• 3.6 seconds to do the flying mile
• At 180 decibels, the hybrid rocket could be louder than a 747 taking off
• 0-1,000 in 55 seconds and 500-1,000 in 17 seconds
The event was streamed live online, but if you missed it or want to relive the day, check out the video!
Video courtesy of BLOODHOUND SSC