Hazardex 2018 Conference - Many thanks to our speakers for a varied and interesting set of presentations
03 March 2018
The Hazardex 2018 hazardous area operations and process safety conference took place at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Runcorn, Cheshire, UK, on February 28 and March 1. In addition to the comprehensive explosion risk and functional safety coverage, an additional focus for this edition was Cybersecurity and Industry 4.0, with a keynote from senior HSE and National Cybersecurity Centre figures.
HAZARDEX 2018 CONFERENCE & SEMINAR PROGRAMME
Click on title for presentation abstract and presenter details.
Day 1 - Main conference room
1. Keynote - Cybersecurity: Is the UK prepared to address the risks?
Sarabjit Purewal - Acting Head of Operations, Health & Safety Executive, & Tony B - ICS Tech Lead, National Cyber Security Centre
2. Digitalisation changes everything
Ian Curtis - Process Safety Systems Consultant, Siemens
3. Safety & Security: The last line of defence is restored
Dr Alexander Horch - Head of Development, HIMA
4. Toward an IoT Platform for Hazardous Locations
Thomas P. Ventulett - CEO, Aegex Technologies
5. Lessons learned from major accidents in different industrial sectors
Zsuzsanna Gyenes – Deputy Director, IChemE Safety Centre (ISC)
6. When the lights go out
Roger Stokes – Principal Engineer, BakerRisk
7. Risk tolerability targets; misconceived, misunderstood and misapplied
Carolyn Nicholls - Consultant, RAS Ltd
Day 1 – Seminar room (Free access with exhibition registration)
8. Safety culture, climate and performance improvement
Dr Kevin Fitzgerald – Risk Management Dept. Manager, Lloyd’s Register Energy
9. Mental health awareness in a safety critical environment
Jamie Walker - Safety & Projects Director, UKPIA
10. The role of third-party testing in securing Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) compliance
Matt Jakuc – Cybersecurity Technical Lead, CSA Group
11. IoT 4.0 and LoRa for maintenance purposes in hazardous areas
Gido Van Tienhoven - CEO, Ex-Machinery
12. Paperless safety lifecycle at the R.STAHL plant & engineering center
Stefan Hack - Business Development Manager, R.STAHL
Day 2 – Main conference room
13. Functional safety management of installed SIS
Nic Butcher - ECI Specialist Inspector, HSE
14. No safety without security – No security without safety
Tino Vande Capelle, Consultant, TVC, & Steve Smith, Consultant, ONRIX gcv
15. Certification of robotics in an Ex environment - ATEX and functional safety requirements
Hassan El Sayed – Functional Safety Business Manager, CSA Group
16. – Practical effects of recent changes in regulations governing PPE
Frank Angear - General Manager, British Safety Industry Federation (BSIF)
17. Fire Prevention Plans
18. Fire detector mapping – What metrics should we be using?
Tim Jones - Senior Consultant, MMI Engineering
Day 2 - Seminar room (Free access with exhibition registration)
19. Cybersecurity - What should Safety Instrumented System integrators be doing?
Chris Parr - Technical Authority for Functional Safety, Sella Controls
20. When safety meets security - Combining the best of both worlds
Rob Turner - Advanced Solutions Consultant, Yokogawa
21. Are luminaires causing hidden risks in Ex Areas because of LEDs?
Tarmo Rintala - Technology Manager, Atexor Oy
22. Coldflow in cables – Some practical advice
Geof Mood - Technical Director, CCG Cable Terminations Ltd
23. How to prevent electrostatic charging of processing equipment situated in ATEX atmospheres
Mike O'Brien – Newson Gale
24. How to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth in areas with explosive atmospheres
Sarra Cheyne – British Standards Institution (BSI)
25. ABB Workshop - Is Your DSEAR Documentation Up to Date?
Peter Hodgson & Alison Mckay
26. Cogent Skills Workshop- Workplace Competence Management
Neil Smith, Head of Workforce Development at Cogent Skills
The Hazardex 2019 will be held on February 27 and 28.
Contact Details and Archive...