A truly ‘smart’ car unveiled at CES 2018
08 January 2018
BYTON’s smart intuitive vehicle features an all-new design and innovative human vehicle interaction, revealed at the CES show in Las Vegas.
BYTON’s all-new smart intuitive vehicle made its global debut at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, UsA on January 7, 2018.
Key features include:
• Shared Experience Display: BYTON is equipped with multiple display screens, with the traditional centre console replaced by a Shared Experience Display enabling content shown to be shared with other passengers in the car.
• Human-Vehicle Interaction: In addition to voice recognition, touch control, biometric identification and necessary physical buttons, the car features proprietary Air Touch sensors, enabling front and rear passengers to control the Shared Experience Display with hand gestures.
• BYTON Life Cloud Platform: This platform seamlessly connects a driver’s or passenger’s apps, data, and devices, allowing them to take full advantage of their travel time whether for work or entertainment. BYTON Life also provides personalised services and configurations that are automatically adjusted according to users’ preferences.
• BYTON Intuitive Access: This advanced secure unlocking method (BYTON Intuitive Access) uses a facial recognition camera to recognise the driver or passenger to unlock the door.
• Interior and Exterior Digital Design: Among other digital design features, unique BYTON Smart Surfaces composed of front and rear LED lights and a luminescent logo can switch to different display modes to suit different driving scenarios.
BYTON’s intelligent electric car will be manufactured at the company’s plant in Nanjing, China and available in China in 2019. The car will be available in the US and Europe in 2020. BYTON’s subsequent sedan and multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) will be designed and produced based on the same platform.
BYTON aspires to build premium intelligent electric vehicles for the future. Its crafted cars integrate advanced digital technologies to offer customers a smart, sage, comfortable and eco-friendly driving and mobility experience. BYTON aims to create a premium brand rooted in China which has a global reach. Its global headquarters, intelligent manufacturing base and R&D centre are located in Nanjing, China, while its N.A headquarters, devoted to intelligent car experience, autonomous driving, whole vehicle integration and other cutting-edge technologies, is based in the Silicon Valley. The company’s vehicle concept and design centre is located in Munich.
BYTON also has offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong to handle external affairs, marketing, sales, design and investor relations. BYTON’s core management team is made up of the world’s top experts from China, Europe and the U.S., all of whom have held senior management positions in such innovative companies as BMW, Tesla, Google and Apple. Their expertise covers automotive design, automotive engineering and manufacturing, electric powertrain, intelligent connectivity, autonomous driving, user interface and supply chain management among other industry sectors, the sum of which represents BYTON’s strengths in manufacturing premium automobiles that are equipped with high quality internet technologies.
Click here to watch the official launch video!