Materialise releases latest version of rapid prototyping software
31 March 2008
Materialise NV has released Magics 12.1, the latest version of its software for the Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing (RP&M) industry. Several new features in Magics 12.1 further increase Magics’ added value for RP&M professionals. Efficiency, quality and user-friendliness are the key words of this release.
The main highlights include:
• With Magics 12.1 you can perforate a hole through a wall instead of through the entire part. This way you can easily make drain holes for hollow parts or trapped volumes;
• In addition to the existing advanced teeth cut, you can now also perform a more user-friendly teeth cut. This teeth cut assures a perfect fit of parts that had to be cut because they were too big to fit on the platform;
• A thumbnail preview of .magics files in Windows Explorer will help you to easily recognize files;
• Magics 12.1 allows you to automatically scale down parts that are too large to fit in the Magics workspace;
• You can edit textured parts with increased flexibility;
• Magics 12.1 interfaces with e-Stage, the new and fully automated technology for support generation. e-Stage automates the work preparation process when supporting SLA parts by eliminating manual editing. The software also optimises the build process and significantly cuts finishing time
Contact Details and Archive...