Introducing the very latest in HDMI displays
20 April 2018
Relec Electronics are always on the lookout for new ideas in display technology, especially when it comes to making life easier in terms of system integration.
Relec announce the introduction of a new range of HDMI ready panel displays which can be integrated directly into end user equipment.
There are an increasingly large number of single board computers (SBC) on the market right now which have HDMI outputs fully integrated. These include the likes of Raspberry Pi, UP, Advantech and iBase SBCs. Historically integration between SBC and display has been achieved in one of 2 ways:
1. With the use of a separate AD board, to convert the HDMI signal to LVDS. This method has always required additional mounting, cabling, assembling and associated costs.
2. The design of bespoke electronics, resulting in additional development time.
Relec’s next generation of TFT LCD display products have addressed this problem resulting in a range of industrial grade HDMI displays which include a fully integrated HDMI input interface. This eliminates the need for an AD board, cables etc. and saves R&D time which would have been required previously.
Relec’s new HDMI displays are available in a 7”, 8” and 10.1”, with further development of 5” and 12.1” versions becoming available in the near future. They benefit from using the latest IPS technology for the widest possible viewing angles and have no restrictions in which orientation the display can be mounted in.
Other key features include:
• Integrated backlight system
• Audio line out (option of a standard phone jack or wafer connector type)
• Single 12 Vdc input supply
• Brightness levels from 600 cd/m² to 1500 cd/m
• High contrast ratios
• 16.7M colours
• Wide operating temperatures and high resolutions
Products can be modified to suit any application or environment; additional options include:
• Fully integrated touch panel – Projected Capacitive (PCAP) or resistive
• Optical Bonding
• Screen enhancements
• Bright light and daylight readability
• Custom cover lens
Initial samples are available on very short lead-times and often available from stock. If you would like a unit to try, Relec is more than happy to arrange a demonstration.
Contact Details and Archive...