10 reasons to print in carbon fibre and it doesn’t just stop there…
29 January 2019
Rutland Plastics explains how you can validate your design and print low volume end-use parts.
1. With our market leading Stratasys Fortus 380mc Carbon Fibre edition we can print parts that are lightweight, stiffer and stronger than typical 3D printed parts.
2. We print in Nylon 12 CF (carbon filled) delivering the highest flexural strength to weight ratio of any FDM material. Our advanced rapid prototyping technology allows for testing more than just cosmetic form and fit, but testing prototypes in a range of real-world conditions.
3. We supply low volume production parts in both Nylon 12 CF and ASA in a variety of colours; creating precise, repeatable parts and components faster than ever before without the cost previously associated with short production runs.
4. We can print end of arm tooling (EOAT) solely for a specific purpose and incorporate hinges, gripper mechanisms, air channels, wire runs, mounts for sensors and other functions can be directly incorporated.
5. EOAT printed in Nylon 12 CF can be up to 70 percent lighter than aluminium, therefore vastly reducing the payload burden, improving robot speed, motor efficiency and consequently extending the time between preventive maintenance intervals.
6. You can be assured of our expertise with jigs and fixtures because we print our own for use in our factory and they are built to endure a rugged production environment.
7. As a plastic injection moulder, we understand the importance of design for manufacture and we can validate your design for mass production ahead of the process.
8. Nylon 12 CF printed parts can eliminate the need for CNC machined components which could significantly reduce time and cost.
9. Our carbon fibre and ASA printed prototypes are reliable, fully functional, resistant to corrosive environments and able to withstand the rigours expected of the final plastic part.
10. We provide a superfast turnaround service to anywhere within the UK. Every enquiry is handled by one of our design team. They will expertly assess and advise on your design for 3D print manufacture prior to quoting and offer a redesign as needed.
We could go on but we’d like to think that your business can see the benefits of using our experienced 3D printing service. To find out more, talk to our design team on 01572 723476.
Contact Details and Archive...