Tesla’s Cybertruck gets off to a smashing start
22 November 2019
The hardy windows of Tesla’s new Cybertruck were easily broken during its unveiling in Hawthorne, California…not a great start!
Cybertruck is designed to have the utility of a truck and the performance of a sports car. The vehicle is built to be durable, versatile and capable, with exceptional performance both on-road and off-road. However, the BBC reports, the truck’s windows were smashed during a demonstration which was supposed to show how hard they were to break. Elon Musk was heard swearing before saying there is “room for improvement”.
Despite that little hiccup, the Cybertruck will come in three variants: Single Motor Rear-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Tri Motor All-Wheel Drive with a starting price of £30,900.
Dimensions & weight:
• Range: 500+ miles
• 0-60mph acceleration: <2.9 seconds
• Towing capacity: More than 14,000lbs
• Payload: Up to 3,500lbs
• Vault length: 6.5 feet
• Storage capacity: 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage including the vault, frunk, and sail pillars.
• Suspension: 4” in either direction
• Touchscreen size: 17”
• Body: Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless steel. If there was something better, we’d use it.
• Seating capacity: Up to six adults
• Charging: Can be charged at home, at Destination Charging locations, and with our network of more than 14,000 Superchargers, including on our newest V3 technology, which is helpful for long hauls and towing.
Visit Tesla’s Design Studio to see available options and current delivery estimates.