Boost your 5G device verification efficiency with Anritsu SmartStudio NR
24 March 2020
Anritsu launches SmartStudio NR as control software for MT8000A Radio Communication Test Station.
Anritsu Corporation introduces its SmartStudio NR (SSNR) environment. Designed for interactive GUI-based functional testing of 5G devices, it is supplied as control software for the MT8000A Radio Communication Test Station.
SmartStudio NR emulates the network conditions and communication between the 5G network and mobile terminal to implement efficient functional tests, application tests, and software regression tests. Users do not need any specialist knowledge about complex scripting and communication protocols between the base station and mobile terminal.
Using an external control tool called SmartStudio Manager, it is possible to create and save the operations of 5G devices and SmartStudio NR as test cases to build automated test environments. For advanced users, SSNR also provides an interface to create IMS test scripts.
SmartStudio NR supports the following tests:
• Network connectivity tests and carrier aggregation tests
• Add and release LTE and 5G cells
• Network reject tests
• Power consumption tests and temperature tests
• IP throughput performance tests
• Messaging/IMS tests
• Application tests using internet-connected test server and real application server
SmartStudio NR is the natural evolution of Anritsu’s SmartStudio product line introduced for 2G/3G/4G. Provided as control software for the MD8475B Signalling Tester, SmartStudio doesn’t need protocol scenarios to be developed.
With the rise of 5G we identified two main issues:
• Device complexity rises dramatically (5G NR FR1 & FR2 complexity) – there is a massive increase in band combinations and interworking requirements with existing standards, and so on.
• Particularly with release 16, many new vertical markets (besides traditional smartphones) are expected to be established. Many expert engineers are needed in these new markets, but they will not necessarily focus on in-depth cellular network technology.
SmartStudio NR is designed to address these issues and simplify complex real-world scenarios.
Using the software, the end-user can create network and application scenarios easily and efficiently with no in-depth knowledge of 3GPP protocol and scripting languages. The intuitive, objective orientated user interface of SmartStudio NR allows a real-world network scenario, covering 4G/5G radio technologies, to be created quickly and efficiently.
SmartStudio NR enables rapid development of new devices such as Smartphones, game consoles, medical devices, automotive and AR/VR devices, even in new vertical markets identified by 3GPP and beyond.
With a built-in state-machine based GUI, the SmartStudio NR control software simulates a 5G/LTE base station and core network. It uses the MT8000A 5G evaluation platform as a Call Box to implement the following:
• Sub-6 GHz (FR1) RF cable connection and Over The Air (OTA) connection
• mmWave (FR2) OTA connection in combination with a unique compact shield box design (model MA8161A)
• Changing cell parameters, DL/UL configuration and protocol monitoring and logging (PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP/L3) using GUI
• Built-in SMS, PWS Center, and IMS server
• Quasi-normal and abnormal simulation using network trigger.
Contact Details and Archive...