New gap filling silicone paste with advanced thermal management properties
01 June 2020
Techsil has launched SilCool TIA241GF silicone thermally conductive gap filler from Momentive. It is an excellent candidate for applications where good heat transfer, low stress, and good interface wetting are required.
This product offers tacky adhesion for applications where movements in x, y, and z directions occur due to vibration, thermal cycling stress and CTE (coefficient of thermal expansion) mismatch.
SilCool TIA241GF gap filler has demonstrated its performance in terms of reliability, adhesion, and thermal resistance over competing materials. This material was initially proposed for automotive applications (e.g. automotive electronic control units and systems) but can also be used as a thermal interface for electronic components in automotive, consumer, telecommunication, lighting and industrial devices.
This thermal gap filler is a 2-part, soft, thermally conductive silicone material. Its non-slumping pasty consistency offers physical stability for optimized processing. TIA241GF can be used as liquid dispensed alternative to pre-fabricated thermal pads, for a broad array of thermal designs in electronic applications.
Key features and typical benefits
• Good thermal conductivity 4.1 W/mK
• Fast, low temperature cure
• Convenient 1:1 mix ratio by weight
• Retained softness after cure to contribute to stress relief during thermal cycling
• Excellent slump resistance (stays in place)
• Flame retardantcy: UL94V-0 equivalent
• Glass bead option availability (180 & 250µ) for bond line thickness (BLT) control
• Long-term reliability and exceptional performance
• Consistent filling of multiple thickness gaps under one common heat sink
• Excellent surface wetting
• Excellent for maintaining contact through thermal cycling
This new liquid-dispensed gap filler will further strengthen Techsil’s existing thermal management range. In addition, Techsil hope to expand its liquid dispensed gap filler range with a 5WmK and 8Wmk material in the near future.
Contact Details and Archive...