Vekkit converts your favourite bike into a smart e-bike in 10 minutes
18 June 2020
Velotton’s e-bike conversion kit transforms any bicycle into a smart e-bike. It includes only 3 parts – a wheel with the motor, a bag with the battery and a wireless cadence sensor.
The cadence sensor detects pedalling and commands the motor to assist. Mobile apps allow setting preferences like max speed or power, checking battery health and viewing ride statistics. The kit configurator allows the user to choose the most suitable kit for any needs.
All parts, except the motor, were developed in Velotton’s workshop in Krakow, Poland.
The company decided to make everything, without outsourcing. For production, it used 3D printers to make the process more eco-friendly.
Installation takes around 5-10 minutes on most bikes, all tools needed for installation are included.
• 36V 200W or 250W silent front motor
• 252Wh or 360Wh Li-ion removable battery
• Locks on the battery and the handlebar bag
• Motor controller with FOC, sensored & sensorless for better performance
• Wireless cadence sensor
• Handlebar remote control
• Mobile apps for iOS and Android
• 3A Li-ion charger, 2.5-3.5 hours for a full charge
• Assist speed up to 25km/h (UK and EU) and up to 32km/h (Canada & USA)
• Very light – only 3kg (city kit) or 4kg (travel kit)
• Over-the-air software updates of the kit’s firmware
The Velotton brand produces durable and waterproof backpacks. The founders of Velotton are constantly travelling on bicycles with a child in the bike-trailer. That's how the idea of the e-bike kit was born!