Modelling a complex spring in Spring Calculator Professional
04 January 2021
This article from the Institute of Spring Technology serves as a good example of how Spring Calculator Professional can be used to model more "unusual" springs. The spring in question has unusual end fittings, dead coils and open coils within the main body.
The requirements given by the customer are as follows:
• Wire details: 5mm 17/7 precipitation hardened stainless steel to EN 10270-3 1.4568.
• Outside diameter: 40mm.
• Free length: 250mm (reference).
• Working load 1: 220 N at 280mm.
• Working load 2: 900 N at 370mm.
• Three coils each end used to screw in the eyes.
• Body length of 210mm.
Read the full article in the January issue of DPA