Introducing the new Mathcad
17 February 2011
Mathcad has long been the industry standard for engineering calculations, and now developer PTC has announced Mathcad® Prime 1.0™, the next generation and way forward for this essential software. The powerful capabilities of Mathcad, coupled with its open architecture and easy-to-use live mathematical notation functionality, allows engineers and organisations to streamline critical design processes.
Mathcad Prime 1.0 delivers a new task-based user interface, enabling engineers to focus on developing engineering calculations rather than formatting design documents.
Supplied and supported in the UK and Ireland by Adept Scientific, new Mathcad Prime presents calculations, text and images in an understandable format, enabling knowledge capture, reuse and design verification, which results in improved product quality with faster time-to-market. As part of PTC’s product development system (PDS), Mathcad’s integration with other PTC products including Creo™ Elements/Pro™ (formerly Pro/ENGINEER) and Windchill® enables increased productivity, improved process efficiency and better collaboration between individuals and groups.
Highlights of Mathcad Prime 1.0 include:
• A new task-based interface which promotes productivity while also enabling users to learn unfamiliar functions or features quickly and easily.
• A document-centric calculation environment that allows users to create detailed professional engineering design documents, including complex calculations, quickly and easily using live standard maths notation with text, images and graphs. These documents are easy to read and understand by non-Mathcad users, thus supporting effective communication of designs and engineering knowledge to colleagues and customers.
• Powerful, advanced maths capabilities along with an environment to display, manipulate, analyse and plot data with full units support.
• Dynamic units support – full support for units throughout all calculations created in Mathcad Prime 1.0 improves process efficiency by helping to reduce errors and increase accuracy of results.
• An intuitive WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) equation editor enables users to express problem constraints and solutions in natural maths notation, so you can focus on the calculations and spend less time manipulating the document.
Requiring no special programming skills, Mathcad’s intuitive interface combines live, standard mathematical notation, text and graphs in a presentable format which enables knowledge capture, reuse and design verification for improved product quality.
More details here.
Contact Details and Archive...