LED illumination for freezer/refrigerated display cases
10 June 2011
As LED technology evolves at an incredible rate new applications are being explored, and with people becoming more energy-saving conscious from the viewpoint of the global environment protection IDEC introduce an LED module specifically designed for the freezer and refrigeration showcase.
Next time you are in your local supermarket picking up some frozen chips or ice-cream for the children take a look inside the door… what you will see today is a fluorescent tube, this tube lights the freezer cabinet well, but (there’s always a but) this tube also gives off heat which is unwanted and lost energy, especially inside a freezer!
In the trend towards LED illumination, with its excellent features such as energy-saving, long-life and low-heat generation the IDEC LF1E offers a more focused viable and alternative solution. In addition to the product efficiencies mentioned before there is another amazing feature, by employing specially designed optical simulation technology three types of light distribution can be achieved, maximizing the LED light efficiency.
Brighter and Energy Saving
1. Condensing lens provides the illuminance 2000 lx at 0.3m directly below the unit
2. Power consumption reduced by 58% compared with fluorescent tubes, saving large amount of energy
Long Service Life and Ease of Maintenance
1. 40,000 hours (approx.) long service life. 3.3 times (approx.) longer than fluorescent tubes
2. 40,000 hours of maintenance-free service life reduce the running cost
Three Types of Light Distribution
1. Optical lens optimally designed can make the wide-angle light
distribution, condensing light distribution, and dual light distribution
2. A variety of LED illumination units are available such as Glass Front
Display Cases, Open Front Display Cases, and Reach-in Display
Cases, offering the suitable types for different display cases.
3. By providing the proper amount of light to the target object, greater
energy savings can be achieved while maintaining the brightness.
Low Heat Generation Reduces the Heat Influence to the Products on Display Cases.
1. Minimize the influence to the food or heat-sensitive products since the
light hardly contains the heat.
2. LF1E units are low-heated by lower power consumption, achieving the
temperature rise of only 15 degree C (approx.), less than that of
Rich Control Functions (ex. Dimming control)
1. Special power supply type is dimmable between 0 (approx.) to 100%.
(power supply PH2C-030-PK660 necessary)
2. Special power supply type achieves desired visual and spatial effects by various automatic controls such as dimming, calendar/time management
Length B:550mm, C:808mm, D:1066mm, E:1450mm
Illumination Color White, Warm white
Reference Illuminance B:1950 lx, C:2000 lx, D:2000 lx, E:2000 lx
(white, condensing lens, measured at 0.3m directly below the unit.)
Light Distribution No-lens, Condensing Lens, Dual Lens
Power Consumption (typ.) B:8.4W, C:12.6W, D:16.8W, E:22.8W
(for 24V DC type)
B:9.4W, C:14.1W, D:18.8W, E:23.5W
(Special power supply type)
Dimensions 36.0 x 18.8mm (width x thickness)
Weight (approx.) B:275g, C:390g, D:515g, E:690g
Operating Temperature -40 to +40 degree C (no freezing)
Life 40,000 hours
(The total illumination duration where the illuminance maintains a minimum of 70% of the initial value in 25 degree C environment.)
Degree of Protection IP54
Applicable Standards CE marking. Applying for UL listing