Flame retardant wire wraps for aerospace and defence applications
03 July 2012
Brady has introduced a new line of flame retardant wire wraps for identifying wires and cables in the aerospace and defence industries. Made from polyimide, these cable wraps are self-extinguishing and can prevent flames from propagating. In addition to meeting industry specifications, each wire wrap also offers a number of other benefits for wire identification in extreme environments.
Its film can withstand attacks from chemicals such as solvents, oils, detergents and lubricating fuels.
Available in white or yellow in a variety of different stock sizes, these wraps are also available in label format for component identification.
The products are tested for the following industry specifications and standards:
- ASTM D1000 (Pressure-sensitive adhesive-coated tapes for electrical and electronic applications)
- Federal Motor Vehicle: FMV 302 (Flammability of interior materials)
- ASTM E162 (Smoke and flame)
- ASTM E662 (Surface flammability of materials)
- SAE-AS-81531 (Marking of electrical insulating materials)
- MIL-STD-202G, Method 215K (Resistance to solvents)
Contact Details and Archive...