Dassault Systèmes unveils new SolidWorks Electrical applications
28 August 2012
Dassault Systèmes' new SolidWorks Electrical applications include a system level 2D schematic design tool and a 3D electrical modelling add-in to SolidWorks design application that are linked in real time.
SolidWorks Electrical applications make it easy for designers to plan electrical systems and integrate those electrical aspects into the overall 3D mechanical models. These new applications pave the way for mechanical and electrical engineering teams to collaborate during product development, streamline the design phase, and reduce product delays, resulting in more consistent and standardised designs, lower costs, and faster time-to-market.
SolidWorks Electrical provides new capabilities with the following three applications:
SolidWorks Electrical – a 2D schematic design tool for electrical system architecture and planning that:
- Simplifies electrical design with a dynamic, context-sensitive user interface, providing the ability to quickly turn concepts into detailed designs
- Identifies problems immediately with real-time error detection which prevents costly scrap and rework
- Allows for easier and more accurate creation of schematics with a library of more than 500,000 standard electrical parts
- Enables multiple people to work on the same project at the same time
SolidWorks Electrical 3D - an add-in to SolidWorks CAD application that connects SolidWorks Electrical 2D systems-level schematics to 3D models designed with SolidWorks. It includes:
- Real-time, bi-directional updates between 2D and 3D to synchronize electro-mechanical designs so that consistency is maintained throughout development
- The integration of the 2D schematic with the 3D model to help standardize designs and unify BOMs to reduce mistakes and delays
- Placement of the electrical system and cables/wires in the 3D model to enable planning of specific locations and paths for consistent product manufacturing
SolidWorks Electrical Professional – includes the functionality of both SolidWorks Electrical and SolidWorks Electrical 3D in a single application for users working in both 2D and 3D areas of electrical development.
The SolidWorks Electrical applications are based on technology from Trace Software. As a current SolidWorks Gold Solution Partner, Trace’s elecworks products are integrated with SolidWorks, allowing engineers to stay within the familiar SolidWorks environment to optimise electromechanical designs.
For more information about SolidWorks Electrical, click here.
Contact Details and Archive...