NI simplifies measurement with new CompactDAQ controllers
04 April 2015
NI has released the new CompactDAQ 8-slot controller, which expands the CompactDAQ controller offering to meet high-channel count applications, and has announced the latest round of free LabVIEW developer days.
By integrating the processor, signal conditioning and I/O into a single CompactDAQ system, engineers can reduce overall system cost and complexity while increasing measurement accuracy.
Integrated measurement systems reduce the number of components, connections and wiring needed, which often introduce noise and additional costs, to ensure high-accuracy measurements and cost-optimised systems.
Both the 4-slot and 8-slot CompactDAQ controllers feature an Intel Atom dual-core processor that can run either Windows Embedded 7 or NI Linux Real-Time. By pairing industry-standard OS options with LabVIEW system design software, customers can easily port LabVIEW code from existing measurement systems to these new CompactDAQ controllers.
They can combine LabVIEW and over 60 sensor-specific I/O modules for CompactDAQ to quickly customise data acquisition systems to meet their application needs.
- Integrated Intel Atom Dual-Core Processor: Reduce system complexity and take your measurement system anywhere by having an integrated processor built in.
- Removable SD Storage: Forget about data storage limits with hot-swappable, removable SD storage.
- Integrated CAN/LIN Port: Cut costs by taking advantage of the built-in CAN/LIN port.
- Choice of Four or Eight C Series Module Slots: Mix and match a variety of I/O types, including AI, AO and DIO to meet your specific application needs.
- Rugged Form Factor: Take measurements in high shock and vibration environments as well as temperatures ranging from -40 °C to 70 °C.
For more details about these new controllers, click here.
Meanwhile, NI is organising a number of LabVIEW Developer Days - free, one day professional development events held at a number venues around the UK and Ireland in April and May. As well as providing in-depth technical presentations and valuable programming tips for new and experienced users, LabVIEW Developer Days also gives attendees the opportunity to network with fellow programmers. Full details can be found here.
Contact Details and Archive...