Digi announces next generation global Digi XBee Cellular products
06 September 2017
Digi International unveiled the innovative features and capabilities powering the newest Digi XBee Cellular modems.
Digi will be introducing three new variants to its lineup: Digi XBee Cellular gen 2 modem designed for the AT&T Cat 1 cellular network, Digi XBee Cellular LTE–M, and Digi XBee Cellular NB–IoT. These latest Digi XBee Cellular modems will include the following significant upgrades/features:
• Programmability - Local intelligence programmed on the modem itself. Rules engines and application logic can transform data, control local I/O, connect to Bluetooth sensors, actively manage utilisation of the cellular link and optimise cellular data plans.
• Full USB Support – Supports wide range of applications, from basic to more complex LINUX-based applications/systems; direct USB communication for apps with native control requirements.
• Bluetooth Ready - Bluetooth Low Energy (BTL) and Bluetooth Mesh connectivity. Allows simple and quick local setup, provisioning, and troubleshooting capabilities using modern mobile phones and tablets.
• Advanced Manageability Features - Support robust OTA firmware upgrades, Digi’s easy-to-use RF management and configuration tool Digi XCTU, and remote management through Digi Remote Manager.
• Security - Hardened with built-in Digi TrustFence device security.
These three new variants strengthen the already existing, robust Digi XBee product line, including the Digi XBee Cellular 3G and Digi XBee Cellular Cat 1 for Verizon, making the platform capable of meeting all wireless needs – from cellular, to ZigBee, to Wi-Fi protocols. It offers device manufacturers unmatched integration flexibility and the ability to standardise on one module platform and single hardware footprint across products, applications, and cellular networks for everything from relatively simple local applications to complex, globally deployed solutions.
“Fully pre-certified across key carriers, our next-generation Digi XBee Cellular smart modems deliver a platform offering complete design freedom for cellular IoT connectivity integration from LTE Cat 1 all the way to LTE-M and NB-IoT LPWAN technology,” said Senior Director Product Management, Embedded Systems at Digi International, Mike Rohrmoser. “The Digi XBee platform has been built on over a decade of wireless expertise. This creates an entirely new class of connected smart end nodes based on the one and only proven Digi XBee platform.”
Arrow Electronics, a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, has selected Digi XBee Cellular LTE-M for Arrow's LTE-M Starter Kit. Digi XBee Cellular has also recently earned the prestigious Bronze status in the Golden Bridge Awards in the Innovations in Technology (ALL) – Information Technology Services category.
For more information on the next-generation Digi XBee Cellular modem, please visit http://www.digi.com/pr/digi-xbee-cellular.
Contact Details and Archive...