Small positioning tables can deliver big performance
01 April 2021
When you need a fast, responsive positioning mechanism for semiconductor equipment, inspection instruments or assembly machines, choosing the right one can be difficult.
Finding a linear positioning table that exhibits the high accuracy and thrust that these applications demand is only the beginning of the selection process. You’ll also need to fit the table into a confined space, while making sure it doesn’t produce excessive harmful dust.
To address these challenges, IKO International incorporates two distinct features into its Nano Linear NT Series linear motor tables:
• A high-strength moving magnet. By combining a neodymium magnet and an optical linear scale into a moving table, Nano Linear NT can achieve a high thrust force of up to 70N, while achieving accurate positioning.
• Moving magnet and unique positioning of linear-scale sensors. This arrangement eliminates floating cables typically found in linear positioning tables, generating little dust and achieving a high level of cleanliness. This occurs due to the moving magnet system design, in addition to the unique positioning of linear scale sensors on the bed.
Features and benefits of the Nano Linear NT Series include:
• Small size. The smallest table in the series measures only 11mm in sectional height, 38 mm in table width, and 62mm in overall length.
• Sturdy construction. The tables and beds are made from high-carbon steel to provide exceptional stability.
• High-speed motion and quick response, thanks to high-resolution encoders. A 170g table providing 25N thrust can achieve acceleration/deceleration up to 10G.
• Limit direction sensors, which come standard and detect noises and unexpected commands to stop the table when necessary.
• Long-term, maintenance-free operation. The Nano Linear NT Series includes C-Lube linear bearings in most models, for long-term, maintenance-free operation.
Read the full article in the April issue of DPA
Contact Details and Archive...