Smiths Interconnect expands its product offering for medical applications
08 July 2021
Smiths Interconnect announced the extension of its Hypergrip connector series for the medical market with the addition of the new Hypergrip Flex connectors.
Hypergrip is a well-known, patented and proven series of high reliability circular connectors specifically designed for the medical industry.
The Hypergrip series has established a strong reputation of reliability, versatility, and ease-of-use.
Smiths Interconnect has now enlarged the series with the Hypergrip Flex, ideal for most of the medical market applications including devices for patient monitoring, electrosurgical and endoscopic tools, catheters, home healthcare and portable therapeutic applications.
“The new Hypergrip Flex embeds all benefits of the existing Hypergrip connector within a cost-effective design for standard cycle life applications,” says Mark Kelleher, VP and General Manager of the Connectors Business Unit at Smiths Interconnect. “Our advanced keying system allows customers to build connectors with six different keyed versions of the same standard connector reducing lead time and inventory.”
HyperGrip Flex is designed to meet medical industry requirements such as finger-proofing to IEC60601, flammability rated to UL94 V0, and compliance with most sterilisation methods.
It is equipped with high density MR screw machined contacts, manufactured by high-speed turning process and tested and qualified to ensure:
• Low Level Contact Resistance (LLCR) compared to standard contacts available in the market
• High density with 0.4mm diameter socket contacts
• Low insertion and extraction forces Connector mates and de-mates smoothly with low force reducing
• Standard industry cycle life: the MR contact provides industry standard cycle life of at least 2K cycles, for general medical applications.
• Lower Cost of Ownership: the machined MR Crimp contact allows for high volumes and lower costs with simplified “Crimp and Poke” assembly vs traditional nested solder contacts.
• RoHS III compliant materials
Contact Details and Archive...