Specifying plastic enclosures for touchscreen electronics
06 October 2021
Touchscreens may be ubiquitous, but they can still present electronics designers with a challenge: how best to house them. Until recently, there were still very few standard plastic enclosures created specifically for today’s modern touch displays. But all that is changing now with the arrival of smart enclosure models.
The new smart enclosure models can tackle a wide range of touchscreen applications – and they can be modified quickly and easily, cutting the cost of customisation and making your ideal enclosure available in smaller volumes.
What to look for in a good touchscreen enclosure
The clue is in the name: touchscreens will get plenty of handling, so their enclosures must be extremely ergonomic, whether they’re handheld, wall-mounted or destined for the desktop. That means lots of soft contours.
Other desirable benefits include:
• good ingress protection (IP65 as an option)
• UV stability – look for enclosures moulded from ASA, either as standard or a custom option
• a wide choice of versions and sizes for each model
• tamperproof Torx assembly screws – especially for medical applications
• plenty of customisation options (that are quick and easy to specify)
• an experienced enclosures supplier who can handle all the customisation stages in-house.
Touchscreen enclosures for mobile electronics
Mobile phones have set the bar high: users now expect every handheld device to be as good as their iPhone or Android – or as convenient and comfortable to hold, at the very least. But what if your electronics won’t fit a typical mobile-sized case?
Read the full article in DPA's October issue
Contact Details and Archive...