Hammond adds new sizes to the 1590Z IP68 family
12 November 2021
Four additional sizes have been added to the heavy-duty IP68 sealed 1590Z die-cast family, which is now 23 strong.
If your electronic or electrical equipment requires protection when installed in environments where dust and water are present and physical impact is a concern, our rugged 1590Z IP68 sealed die-cast aluminium enclosures are the perfect enclosure for your project. We have now introduced a further four sizes to the range, bringing the total up to 23.
The 1590Z family is an immensely strong enclosure suitable for installation in the most demanding environments. All 23 sizes offer excellent EMC capability and corrosion resistance, enabling the 1590Z to protect the housed electronic, electrical or electro-mechanical equipment wherever they are installed in an industrial environment.
Sealing to IP68 is achieved through a tongue and groove interface between the lid and base with a replaceable one-piece silicone rubber gasket.
Key features of the 1590Z
• 23 sizes in the family from 50 x 40 x 30 to 400 x 230 x 180mm
• The four new sizes are 100 x 100 x 80, 140 x 140 x 90, 260 x 160 x 160 and 400 x 230 x 180mm
• All sizes are available in a natural finish or powder coated inside and out in textured black or smooth grey RAL7001
• All sizes except the smallest 50 x 45 x 30mm 1590Z060 have an IEC 62262 impact rating of IK08, confirming protection against 5 Joules of impact by a 25mm diameter striking element, the equivalent to the impact of a 1.7kg mass dropped from 300mm above the impacted surface
• Wall thicknesses vary from 3.0 to 5.2mm, depending on the overall size
• IP68 sealing with a replaceable one-piece silicone rubber gasket rated for use from -40°C to +150°C
• The majority of sizes have a mounting shelf in the base, enabling DIN rails or PCBs to be mounted directly into the unit without using stand-offs to provide clearance
• The majority of sizes have multiple holes in the base and lid to accept 6mm ground screws
• 16 of the sizes are available with an optional 1.6mm galvanised steel inner panel
• Captive stainless steel machine screws outside the sealed area secure the lid into tapped holes in the base, allowing repeated access without degrading the sealing
• Easy to secure to any surface using through box – blind holes outside the sealed area
Contact Details and Archive...