Digital Catapult and Formula 1 join forces to shape the events of the future
10 January 2022
Digital Catapult is working together with the pinnacle of motorsport, Formula 1, to explore the potential of 5G to revolutionise the events of the future.
(Credit: Digital Catapult)
Formula 1 will work alongside Digital Catapult and a cohort of small and medium-sized enterprises to jointly explore 5G solutions to events industry challenges, as part of 5PRING: the UK’s first 5G commercial application accelerator.
Formula 1 is on the hunt for solutions to enhance event experiences for auto racing fans, making viewing experience more inclusive and interactive for audiences whether onsite and home – through the use of 5G and innovative technologies.
Working with Digital Catapult on the 5PRING programme, Formula 1 will:
• Test the latest emerging technologies and quantify the value through Digital Catapult’s 5G lab and demonstrators
• Explore new fan engagement opportunities alongside start-ups and scaleups
• Build upon its already strong innovation culture by tapping into start-ups and scaleups
• The 5PRING Live Events programme, kicking off in January 2022, brings together start-ups, scaleups and industry experts to develop innovations in the events sector using 5G.
Start-ups and scaleups on the programme will gain access to cutting edge technology and private 5G networks, a tailored acceleration curriculum, coaching, mentoring and expertise provided throughout the programme from experts at Virgin Media O2, Deloitte, Wayra, West Midlands 5G and Digital Catapult.
5PRING is one of several programmes involving Digital Catapult that explore 5G’s potential to revolutionise live events, including:
• 5G VISTA: a project delivering a more interactive and broader range of contents to sports fans
• 5G Festival: creating a “festival of the future” where artists and audiences can gather and connect both in person and online using the power of 5G
• 5G Testbed Accelerator: a programme where start-ups used 5G to enhance products and services. Sceenic developed Watch Together, a multi-platform solution that puts content and conversation in one place, so that people can simultaneously enjoy and interact with the same content in different locations – from families to fanbases
To find out more about the 5PRING live events accelerator, please visit: https://5pring.org/programmes/events/
Contact Details and Archive...