Let technology drive energy savings: DPA's November issue is here!
Author : Sophia Bell, Group Editor, DPA
15 November 2022
A new report has revealed that almost one in six (16 percent) STEM businesses have firm plans to relocate overseas over the next three years, and 88 percent have considered it. For this month’s Editor’s Comment, I take a look at what has sparked this exodus, and how the UK can better retain and grow its talent pool (pg. 4).
Meanwhile, as energy prices continue to surge, our cover story from Parker Hannifin (pg. 10) considers how automotive manufacturers can take advantage of the technologies and solutions available to drive down costs and reach their sustainability goals.
For our ‘Robotics’ supplement, we explore how blended working can simplify end-of-line processes (pg. 25), the vital role of robots in the future of bioplastics (pg. 34) and in revolutionising the fresh fish supply chain (pg. 32) – plus a four-step guide to making the switch to robots (pg. 28)!
Other key features to look out for include:
• An exclusive Q&A with Thomson Industries on why electric actuators are trending on the factory floor (pg. 39)
• Greaves 3D and igus take the lead in the race to simulate motorsport (pg. 22)
• The future of 3D printing – Six factors to consider (pg. 18)
• How to reduce your plant’s overall energy consumption (pg. 8)
• Video of the Month: Replacing pneumatic & hydraulic actuators (pg. 43)
We at DPA hope you enjoy our penultimate issue of the year! Do let me know what you think, and if you think there are any specific topics we should be covering. Email me at email@example.com.
Contact Details and Archive...