Hammond’s 1552 hand-held enclosures
03 March 2023
The 1552 hand-held enclosures are available in six sizes. The ergonomic design fits comfortably into the hand and an optional wall-mounted holder is also available.
Hammond’s 1552 hand-held enclosures are available in six sizes. The IP54 flame-retardant ABS units feature an ergonomic design that fits comfortably into the hand, enabling it to be used comfortably for long periods in applications such as a machine controller or an electric hoist control.
An optional wall-mounted holder allows the unit to be stored in a convenient location when not in use. It can also be used as a desktop enclosure.
All sizes are 50mm wide and either 22mm or 30mm deep. The three length options are 70mm, 110mm and 150mm.
Key 1552 product attributes
• Moulded from UL94-V0 flame-retardant ABS and sealed to IP54
• The 22mm-deep enclosures are a rounded rectangular shape
• The 30mm-deep enclosures taper from 50mm at the lid to 38mm at the base for a more comfortable fit in the hand
• There are PCB-mounting bosses in the top for both depths
• The 30mm deep unit has an additional set of mounting bosses in the base
• The maximum width of a PCB mounted in the top is 43.7mm
• The maximum PCB length is 49mm in the 70mm long unit, 104mm in the 110mm-long version and 144.5mm long in the 150mm-long version
• The inside height for the 22mm0deep version is 16.2mm; for the 30mm deep version, it is 24.2mm
• There are two removable end panels for easy modification
• For wired applications, an end panel with a rubberised cord protector and a strain relief bracket is optionally available
• A recess for a membrane keyboard or display is provided in the top face
• Available in black or grey with a satin texture finish
• PCB standoffs in the base
• Assembled with four self-tapping colour-coded screws
• Snap closures are fitted to the middle of the four longer sizes to prevent bowing
• A wall holder accessory allows the enclosure to be conveniently stored when not in use
To contact Hammond to discuss a specific requirement, call +44 1256 812812, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or use Live Chat via Hammond’s website. Click on the green "Need Help? Live Chat is Online" banner at the bottom of the page and you will be connected straight away. To help you in specifying your requirements, you can download PDF, AutoCAD .dxf and 3D Solid Model .igs and .stp files for all Hammond’s products from its website.
Contact Details and Archive...