New precision motors deliver performance in a compact size
17 March 2023
Portescap, a recognised leader in miniature motors and motion control solutions, has unveiled a number of new motor innovations based on its Voice of the Customer product development process.
Voice of the Customer harnesses its customers’ technical insights and turns them into innovative motion products that solve complex problems for their critical applications.
Customer collaborations have sparked various different Portescap product platforms, and all of them are 100 percent customisable.
Some of Portescap’s newest innovative new products inspired by customer feedback include:
• 26BF-2A Flat Motor. This unique flat brushless slotless DC motor utilises disc magnet technology, producing a dynamic motion profile and excellent speed-torque capabilities with speeds up to 12k rpm
• B2010A4 BLDC Motor. This autoclavable slotted brushless DC gearmotor was designed for high reliability in autoclave environments. Able to withstand up to 1,000 sterilisation cycles, this motor withstand high current draw and is optimised for use in surgical hand tools and devices
• 16ECP24. This cost-optimised motor is a compact brushless slotless DC motor solution that doesn’t compromise on premium performance, and is available with or without integrated electronics. The 16ECP24 was especially designed for use in grippers, robotics, analysers, pumps, and exoskeleton systems
• 90ECF Flat Motor. This flat brushless slotted DC motor utilises an outer rotor configuration with an overall body length of 40mm. It delivers extremely high torque up to 1Nm, with excellent power density, making it well suited for a variety of robotics and automation applications
• R26HT Gearbox – full metallic high torque gearbox designed with a planetary arrangement, and rated torque up to 4Nm
• R32HT Gearbox –planetary gearhead that offers higher torque, up to 9Nm, and a speed reduction ratio of 99.8
• B16C Gearbox – integrated 16mm 8-pole compact gearhead that helps reduce overall application footprint
• M-Sense 22 Encoder – magnetic encoder that provides precise positioning and feedback, with resolution range of up to 1024 lines
• CNT2440 Autoclavable Encoder – Sensorless autoclavable controller that can withstand up to 1,000 sterilisation cycles
The Voice of the Customer process strives to identify the technological possibilities in the next three to five years that will drive our motor innovations, solve customer problems and influence their product development. These new motors are also available on Portescap’s rapid sampling e-store.
For more information and to view Portescap’s newest motors, visit its new products page!
Contact Details and Archive...