Analog Devices releases 2022 Environment, Social and Governance Report
18 July 2023
The publication highlights how ADI’s solutions benefit society and the planet, introduces a new total water withdrawn intensity goal, and continues the company’s commitment to transparent and accurate disclosures.
“ADI’s immensely talented, passionate, and dedicated workforce is tackling the world’s greatest challenges in partnership with our customers and partners, and we are confident there is no obstacle we can’t overcome together,” said Vincent Roche, ADI’s CEO and Chair.
“We are pleased with our ESG accomplishments and how our efforts are helping our customers and partners meet their own ESG goals, however, the urgency of the issues we face means we are never satisfied.
“We remain thoroughly committed and optimistic about the positive impact our technologies can have for the health of humanity and the planet.”
Key updates from the company in the 2022 report include:
• ADI’s solutions benefit society and the planet: ADI designs the semiconductors and system solutions that bridge the physical and digital world for the benefit of society and the planet.
ADI works with customers to co-create innovations that improve quality of life and solve pressing challenges across its end markets, which include industrial, automotive, communications, digital healthcare, and consumer.
Green revenue represented about 30 percent of ADI’s total revenue in fiscal year 2022, increasing approximately 34 percent from fiscal year 2021. Roughly 30 percent of ADI’s R&D was green-focused, level with the company’s fiscal year 2021 green R&D
• Introduction of new 2027 total water withdrawn intensity goal: ADI has set a new goal to achieve a 50 percent reduction in total water withdrawal normalised to fab production output by 2027. This goal is in addition to ADI’s progress of reaching a 25 percent water recycling rate in manufacturing facilities
• Enhanced transparency of disclosures: In line with its commitment to transparent and accurate disclosures for all stakeholders, the 2022 ESG Report includes a new ESG Results section that itemises ESG performance metrics and KPIs. This section defines each KPI, includes available values and, where appropriate, aligns them with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Key progress against the company’s ESG commitments include:
• Climate: Achieved a 7.2 percent decrease in absolute Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from 2019, and a 37 percent decrease in Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions intensity by revenue from 2019. For the first time, the company also disclosed full Scope 3 emissions, an essential component of achieving its goal of Net Zero emissions across the value chain by 2050 or sooner
• Energy: 54 percent of electricity used at ADI’s manufacturing facilities came from renewables in 2022, putting the company on track to achieve its goal of 100 percent by 2025
• Waste: The company is making substantial progress toward reaching its goal of diverting 100 percent of its waste at ADI manufacturing facilities, achieving 90 percent in 2022
• DE&I: In 2022, 25 percent of managers globally were female, supporting ADI’s goal of increasing the global female manager population to 29 percent by 2026. ADI also remains on track to increase its combined Black, Hispanic, and Latinx employee population in the United States from seven percent in 2022 to nine percent by 2026
For more on ADI’s ESG commitments, please visit Analog Device's website.
Contact Details and Archive...