Hammond’s IP68 polycarbonate 1555F flanged family for secure surface mounting
04 December 2023
The 23 sizes of Hammond’s polycarbonate 1555F IP68 enclosures have integral flanges moulded into the lid to enable secure mounting to a surface.
Control and monitoring equipment is becoming increasingly decentralised, increasing the requirements for intelligent sub-systems with wired or wireless mesh communication to be located adjacent to the equipment that they manage and monitor.
The 23 sizes of Hammond’s polycarbonate 1555F IP68 enclosures have integral flanges moulded into the lid, which, when used to fix the enclosure directly to a surface, also prevents unauthorised access as it cannot be opened without removing it from the mounting surface. There are 23 standard enclosure sizes, from 65mm x 65mm x 42mm to 240mm x 161mm x 61mm.
1555F key features
• 23 sizes, from 65mm x 65mm x 42mm to 240mm x 161mm x 61mm
• Designed to meet NEMA Type 4, 4X, 6, 6P, 12 & 13 ratings which meet and exceed IP68 rating
• UL 508A listed (File # E65324)
• UV stabilised for outdoor use with a UL94-5VA rating
• One-piece high-temperature, UL-listed silicone gasket
• Satin texture RAL 7035 grey
• Designed for wall mounting. Unauthorised access is prevented as the lid securing screws are concealed
• PCB standoffs in the lid and base
• The lid is secured with self-captivated M4 stainless steel machine screws, threaded into integral bushes for repetitive assembly and disassembly
• Optional 1.6mm galvanised steel panels for all sizes for mounting heavier components
• All sizes of the 1555F are also available in ABS, sealed to IP66, with a flammability rating of UL94-HB for general purpose indoor use
• Internal features vary with size: internal DIN rail mounting tabs or standoffs for PCB or inner panel mounting
To contact Hammond to discuss a specific requirement, call +44 1256 812812, email the company at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or use Live Chat via its website. Click on the green "Need Help? Live Chat is Online" banner at the bottom of the page and you will be connected straight away. To help you in specifying your requirements, you can download PDF, AutoCAD .dxf and 3D Solid Model .igs and .stp files for all our products from Hammond’s website.
Contact Details and Archive...