PTC releases Mathcad Prime 1.0 engineering calculation software
13 January 2011
PTC has released Mathcad Prime 1.0, its next generation engineering calculation software. The powerful capabilities of Mathcad coupled with its open architecture and easy-to-use live mathematical notation enable critical design processes to be streamlined, while its new task-based user interface allows engineers to focus on developing their calculations rather than formatting design documents.
Highlights of Mathcad Prime 1.0 include:
• New task-based interface - promotes productivity while enabling users to learn unfamiliar functions or features quickly and easily.
• Document-centric calculation environment - enables users to quickly and easily create detailed, professional engineering design documents that include complex calculations, by using live standard math notation with text, images and graphs. Additionally, documents are easy for non-Mathcad users to read and understand, thus supporting effective communication of designs and engineering knowledge across the enterprise.
• Advanced math exploration – powerful capabilities along with an environment to display, manipulate, analyze and plot data with full units support.
• Dynamic units support – full support for units throughout all calculations created in Mathcad Prime 1.0 improves process efficiency by helping to reduce errors and increase accuracy of results.
• Intuitive equation editor – WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) equation editor enables users to express problem constraints and solutions in natural math notation allowing users to focus on the calculations and spend less time manipulating the document.
Contact Details and Archive...