Mathcad Prime 3.0 supports more complex engineering design calculations
13 October 2013
Adept Scientific is now supplying Mathcad Prime 3.0, the latest version of the engineering calculation software for problem-solving, analysing and sharing engineering design data.
Mathcad Prime 3.0 from PTC features significantly improved calculation capabilities to allow complex equations to be solved faster.
Mathcad offers hundreds of mathematical functions, the unlimited ability for users to define their own, the capability to solve equations both numerically and symbolically, and the power to solve complex systems of equations.
The new release includes:
- Documentation enhancements: incorporate live, functioning maths within text; format maths regions; and create new worksheets based on existing personal or company standardised templates to help support adherence to standards for calculations and documentation.
- Custom functions: re-use existing algorithms already coded in C++, C, Fortran etc. to extend Mathcad capabilities.
- Global Definition Operator: assign values to variables and define constants and parameters that can be used anywhere in the worksheet; define parameters close to the end result.
- Numeric enhancements: use new fast matrix decomposition functions with support for pivoting and complex numbers.
- Surface interpolation in contour plots: create a contour plot of a set of unordered 3D points that takes advantage of a PTC Creo surface interpolation algorithm.
- Usability improvements: discover improvements to frequently used functionality (such as pasting images to headers and footers and overtyping equations) for increased efficiency.
- CAD integration: link design inputs and calculation results to PTC Creo, to perform test analyses, optimise geometry parameters and perform verification and validation steps on final designs; manage Mathcad Prime 3.0 worksheets directly from PTC Windchill.
Contact Details and Archive...